I know this is jumping around a lot, but now it is officially past my bedtime and I am officially tired of blogging. I visited the Vatican museum and the Sistine Chapel today. St. Peter's bascillica was closed, I understand the Pope was making new bishops there. Tomorrow we will go to mass there, not sure which one. Spent a lot of time walking all over Rome tonight to see the sights and do a fair amount of people watching.
We got some rain tonight. The first clap of thunder was so appropriate for Rome: it was incredibly loud and it rolled through the sky for a few long seconds. Then rain poured and the thousands of people in the streets next to the Spanish Steps fled under awnings. Made for a peaceful scene during the rain. It is still really warm here so I didn't mind walking in the rain.
View of St. Peter's from the top of the Spanish Steps.
View from 1/2 way up the Spanish steps at the huge crowd below. There are so many more people in these streets well into the night than what I typically see in NYC.
Tomorrow I'll be meeting up with cousins who just happen to be vacationing in Roma, too and I should see the Colosseum, Pantheon, etc. The trip is almost over. I will be very happy to see everyone back home, but I can't say I'm homesick yet.
I'll blog more about my thoughts on Italy, etc. later. All I can say right now is that I am definitely not coming home the same person who came here 2 1/2 weeks ago. I wish I had taken this trip years ago, but I also think the timing on this trip couldn't have been any better for a few reasons.
Thanks again to everyone out there in blog land, it has been fun traveling with you!
Ciao ciao!
No comments:
Post a Comment