Saturday, September 12, 2009

Going back in Time: Fano

Now that I have some time with the internet, I want to post as much as possible and fill in some of the gaps.


Watching the sunrise from the plane. This was right around 6 am Italy time (I woke up just a few minutes before I took this picture. Can't say I've ever seen a sunrise just like that before!)

Piazza in Fano. Fano is a lot more than just a beach town (though the beach is spectacular).


This is Gianni and Gina as we were walking and he gave us a tour of the town and sea side (Gianni is the one who treated us to gelato).


We went out walking in Fano after dark. This is the church where I attended mass Sunday morning (the bike riding portion of the trip started Sunday afternoon).

Italians love arugula. Therefore, I love Italian food! This pizza was from a restaurant called Florida (I might have mentioned this before in a previous post), it was good food, but did it have to be called Florida?


Dinner on the first night of the bike riding portion of the trip was insanely good. All sorts of wonderful seafood, pasta, you name it. I had to get my stomach conditioned to handle so much heavy food minutes before bedtime.



The first night of the bike riding portion of the trip, Andrea (not sure on spelling) gave us a tour of Fano. Here he was talking about its wall.




No comments: