
The hills that border Bevagna. If I remember correctly, to the left is Assisi and to the right is Spello. I should have other pics to show these towns more clearly. Hey, look at this road: it's flat...very uncommon for Umbria!

Land just outside of Bevagna.

Cute little old men chillin' on the main street in Bevagna. This is a common thing to see: men spending time together during the day in many of these little towns. I never see this back home (guys, take note...I think this is one of the many secrets to happiness).

The wall of Bevagna--I understand some of my ancestors helped bulid this wall!

Antonio (from the Commune) walked me down the street to the museum in order to get someone to help with translation. And since we couldn't communicate too effectively, I was wondering where he was taking me until we got there. Fortunately, I had discovered the museum the previous day so I wasn't a total stranger to the girls working there.

I think this is looking back down at Bevagna/land in that vicinity.

More land of Bevagna (outside of the wall).

This used to be a Virgin Mary, she isn't in there any longer. Just outside the wall of Bevagna, near Leda's home.

Another view of the piazza (where the church is, it just isn't in this picture).
No comments:
Post a Comment