Bo. This is a fun word in Italian that doesn't translate to English, nor can I explain it very well. Basically, it's a word that has no meaning and is used to occupy empty space in a conversation. Possibly because Italians don't like any empty space in conversations? Non so. [I don't know.]
I'm not remotely tired (it's almost 2 am here), but also not interested in blogging much. The story of the day was that it was a very nice one in class and there was time after to get 4 hours and 100km on the road....yes, the weather was that lovely and the fields are a rich, incredible green. I was attempting to meet up with one of my new bike friends (who doesn't speak English) and I made a wrong turn so we didn't meet up. Darn it. But I did find a couple new roads in the process. Seriously, no good reason to ever repeat the same ride exactly.
I ran into a group of cyclists going the same way for a few minutes, they were all heading to Foligno. It sounds like that's the place where all of the cyclists have been hiding (since they are not in Perugia). They were very nice and friendly, too. I'm sure they're serious racers, their quads had "racer" written all over them.
At the 65th km, I stopped to refuel--pizza and water. That settled quite nicely and it was not hard to get home as it usually is. I really need to work on nutrition...sports drink is sort of necessary, but I'd love to get by without it. And with that, I realize that these blog posts are becoming increasingly uninteresting with each passing day. I might start skipping days here and there, don't be concerned, I just need to write when I'm inspired to do so and when there's time. I owe a lot of people emails, and many of them need to be written in Italian, so will take quite a bit of time! As always, I really enjoy getting the personal emails from you and am so blessed to have each of you in my life!!!!!! So sorry that I can't reply to everything, but know that you totally make my day with your wonderful news and happy thoughts. :)
Bo.
2 comments:
Patria! I don't think your posts are boring! Just think of how they compare to the lives the rest of us are living. Went to work, rode the same loop, ate, went to bed. Keep it up. Of course, if you need a break, understandable, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who enjoys them!
Hi, Girl! Thanks for the comment. Glad to see you here. :) And no, I don't think your life is boring. Hope you're having a great time racing!!! Ciao!
Post a Comment