Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Andare in Bicicletta

Found some cool new roads today...and I almost made it to a very cool little hilltown. Note to self: when going to a hilltown, expect to go up. 2 1/2 hrs on the bike, 3,200 feet of climbing. It was so toasty warm and the sky was blue. The time on the bike was spent talking to myself in Italiano. I'm a boring conversationalist at this point with my tiny Italian vocab. Good practice, but I notice that when I try to speak with anyone else, everything I was going to say comes out all wrong.
 
The teacher has been enjoying putting students on the hot seat in front of the class. The student answers (in Italian) any question the class poses. It was my turn today to field questions.

Question: Tu hai marito? (Do you have a husband?)
Answer: No, perche preferisco andare in bicicletta. (No, I prefer to ride a bike.)

It was the only thing I could figure out how to say in Italian that made some sort of logical sense. There were many other questions. One involved where my grandparents are from. I mentioned Bevagna and after class, one of the guys (from Germany) told me all about his visit there a few days ago. He couldn't say enough good things about it and showed me all of the pictures he took of it. I learned a lot about some new places to check out next time I'm there.

Today we learned verbs...and I have to go study now since it's a lot to know. Here are some shots from school:
Not something you'll find in many schools. With that, time to hit the books!

1 comment:

Cathy Brown said...

Wow, the school is really beautiful...thanks for the post. I love reading what you are doing.