It was simply a nice day today. Started the day by visiting the oldest bar in town for a cappuccino, reviewed flashcards while standing at the bar savoring the drink (sorry, Starbucks, you are weak and flavorless next to Italian coffee). Visited a couple of historic sites in the town center and ambled off to class, meeting up with a new-to-me tiny grocery store where I bought lunch (hazelnut yogurt) on the way.
Class was good, I love what we're learning, I don't love it that I'm having issues with pronunciation. I hear the words perfectly in my head, but they come out differently. Seriously, I blame Spanish. Words and pronunciations are still bubbling up from high school Spanish so it weakens my confidence a little when I just say what comes to mind. Getting all of this settled in my head will come soon enough with all of the immersion so I'm not concerned.
The day was cloudless (this time nothing weird happened with the weather), leading to a lovely ride in the evening and a perfect sunset. The bike ride was nearly required since I really need that time to think through the Italian grammar and allow the vocab from class to settle into my brain. The intensity of class is too much to come home and not have a quality break.
No comments:
Post a Comment