Friday, April 09, 2010

A German, Turk, American and Two Swedes Walk into an Irish Bar.......

Sorry, not the beginning of a funny joke, but this describes the fun night I just had! How cool to get to know people from all over the world and compare our countries, the good, bad and our philosophies on why we all ended up here, in Italy. The evening lasted a little longer as a liter of (decent) red vino, coupled with a cheese and prosciutto plate cost a mere 10 euros. There were far more people on the streets just now (2 am here) than at 9 pm when we met up.

Just after class let out today, a lot of us hung out...gelato was on the menu for the group. I found the best pistachio gelato that I have had to date. If you want some, you'll have to come visit me. I'll buy you one or even two, if you give me a lick.

Mikael says this is a good combo--beer and gelato.

Just chillin' with some of my classmates. The new class of the day was a language lab. It's where we get to put on headphones and say stuff in Italian to the microphone...the teacher can listen to any student whenever he chooses to. It's a great exercise in actually speaking the language properly, but I found it stressful to figure out how to talk, out loud, over the din of the rest of the class doing the same thing. By the end of the class, I was fairly used to it. However, by the end of the day today, I was ready for a break.

There are lots of words and concepts to review this weekend, but I'll be splitting time between being studious and visiting family. Yes, family!!! Ciao!

No comments: