Saturday, April 17, 2010

If April showers bring May flowers, let's see some HUGE stinkin' flowers here soon!


The spring rains here have been okay with me up until today. I felt that I could properly plan rides around them and enjoy the downtime when the rain came. I was really looking forward to an epic ride today, and my dream was snatched away from me as I was walking out the door with bike in hand...my roommate came in and told me that it was chilly and raining. (This is after I'd just checked weather.com that said it was sunny and in the 60s.)

(Note the above picture was not photographed on Italian soil.)

Plan B. Change clothes, promptly head to neighborhood bar and drown sorrows in cappuccino. I spent the rest of the day writing down vocab words and I even graduated to making flashcards. I can't tell you how excited I am to learn the vocabulary and actually memorize things again. Engineering school took away my ability to memorize (thanks to cheat sheets) so it is, truly, thrilling (though difficult) to get back into this sort of learning.

As an aside, this was Google's image today. Is that just for Italians or the whole world?
I have a favor to ask of each of you. Whether or not you've already seen my Gelato Diet (click here) YouTube flick, I hope you won't mind checking it out again and please add a rating on YouTube.

I got many wonderful emails from so many of you concerning this movie, I really appreciate each of them. But for the movie to get more hits, YouTube needs to see your feedback. I created this out of my desire to thank Ciclismo Classico and the friends I met on tour for the most amazing trip I've ever been on and to illustrate how and why I fell in love with Italy--so much so that I totally changed everything in my life to be here now.

Ciclismo is currently running a video contest--the winner will get a free trip this summer (terms and conditions apply). You can be assured that if I win, you will get tons more stories and awesome images from other great places to ride in Italy! So let your feedback be heard now--the deadline is April 30, but please don't wait because this needs all of the hits it can get right now (as the ratings generate future hits).

Grazie mille from the bottom of my widdle Italian heart!

No comments: