Alright, since today didn't allow for much in the way of fab pictures, let me resurrect a few pics of the Etruscan caves. I'll be learning more about the history of these soon, but be fascinated in the meantime (wikipedia probably tells as much as I'll get out of going to the museums here, anyhow).
Someone has set up her art in one room of this massive cave. I saw this as I was descending the monstrously large scale mobili (escalators) that take pedestrians from the top of the city downward to lower parts of the city. It's a pretty awesome scene down there in the bowels of the city. For as ancient and medieval as they are, it doesn't give me that watch-your-back sort of feel.
This one is really cool because it feels like it's outside at night in the streets--yet, look up--it's just one huge room.
Totally changing the subject, but I realized that I didn't post pics from Thurs night when I went out with my classmates. They played good music and were packed at this bar at 9:30 (very, very early for establishments...they're typically totally empty at that time). Not only was it full inside, look at the scene on the street just outside:
Below is a clip that, when the song came on, I literally felt like I was time-warped back to Theta Tau (my college fraternity). It is so weird the power that music has to pull up memories that have to be dusted off a bit. (I'm not suggesting this is a great song, btw, but pretty great for those back in Eta Gamma years ago!)
![]() |
| From 2010-04-15 |
Off to play with flashcards! By the way, aside from learning past-tense today (really nice to know, I could use more tenses), we learned colors. This is like being a kindergartner all over again and I'm eating up every minute (literally and figuratively). :)

No comments:
Post a Comment