Today was a very cool day of visiting cousins living in a medieval town (not very far removed on the family tree). The neat thing about this visit was that this is the first time I've ever met them. I started the day at the bike shop getting my bike fixed (this was a proactive fix to prevent a shifter cable from breaking again). I absolutely adore the bike shop. Right now, they're the only people I know in this town who don't think I'm a lunatic for riding a bike. (Note, I have at least two classmates who have never once ridden a bike.) While the mechanics were fixing the bike, I got to stroll along a nice dirt trail next to a river, just a lovely place and morning.
Tomorrow is similar, I'm meeting a whole bunch of cousins who, again, aren't far removed on the tree. Pictures and stories might be coming, this is the kind of stuff that's better not blogged and I'm simply out of time.
Have been picking up Italian fairly quickly (as compared with trying to learn it in Denver), but my big limiter right now is my lack of vocabulary. I can't try out much when I don't have words that come close to what I want to say. With that, time to go stuff some words in my brain!
No comments:
Post a Comment