I think I enjoyed (trying) to speak Italian a little bit more when I didn't realize all of the different ways to screw everything up. Now that I'm becoming more aware of this, some serious studying time is in order, but that won't fix my newly-discovered fear of speaking it all wrong. Tomorrow is language lab, that should help. I'm really looking forward to the Italian roommates for the extra dialogue...and at least I can ask them if I'm mispronouncing words.
Right now, my roommate is having a dinner party, but I decided to skip it and just eat steamed spinach and tortellini earlier tonight. Smoke clogs my brain...and I need to study. Not many Americans in town (I rarely run into one), but there's a NJ guy in the kitchen. He's lived here for two years. He works at a bar and said he picked up the language just by doing that. I cannot fathom how anyone can do it without going to class, there are so many nuances.
The little guide book should have something to say about running here considering what they said about cycling. I ran earlier today (great way to see more cool streets and I found some pretty parks and good food shopping), but with the cars parking on sidewalks and sidewalks jumping from one side of the road to the next (and every road going either straight up or down), I'll take riding here any day over being on foot. Still, good workout since it was a bit chilly and my laundry hadn't dried yet from yesterday.
No comments:
Post a Comment