Today was the day I was actually going to get to a destination (instead of turning around early like I've done quite a few times lately). I'm feeling pretty comfortable on the roads now and have a good sense as to how to get where I want to go. Goal today: Gubbio. On my way out of town, I ran into a cool couple who just happened to be heading to Gubbio, too. (It's universal that couples who ride bikes together are pretty much always fun to ride with and interesting to be around.) This girl is the first female road cyclist I've seen since I've been in Italy. She and her husband were unfortunately just vacationing in the area for the weekend.
Total distance: 106 km, 5,000 feet of climbing. For the record, riding at low altitude with rollers is FAR more taxing on the body than riding in the Rockies for the same duration.
I found my knight in shining armor! Also to be found in the store in the background were all things a medieval warrior would need on the battlefield. Not quite sure how they stay in business, is there a market for this stuff?
Looking back at Gubbio as I ride out of town.
This is what hay fever looks like. I've been eating lots of eucalyptus honey lately, am hoping that keeps allergies at bay. So far, no sign of any issues. And no, eucalyptus honey doesn't taste like eucalyptus. It is made from bees buzzing around eucalyptus & the honey is said to be good for sore throats.
Simply a beautiful landscape found as I was putting in a few extra miles (my form of procrastinating) before doing the ridiculous hill-climb to get home.
1 comment:
hey! Thought of you today. and yes the couple's comment is true. Today i rode with Chad and Jenny Kumbier.
Would love to come to Italy and ride with you.
Seems like you are having a blast!
Post a Comment