Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Here's a tour of my new home, at least this month. Honestly, I love that it is so low maintenance and small. I'm getting the feeling that this is simply the way apartments work in Italy for students: the place comes furnished, with art on the walls and sheets on the bed. Dishes and pots and pans are in the kitchen. Why would any Italian student want to buy his/her own stuff? Most students move home after college so I'm guessing these purchases only happen after a couple gets married.


View out the window.
The shutters are great. The place is very dark until I open them up. Who needs curtains?

Kitchen:
"Cabinet" on the left-most side is the refrigerator (top) and freezer (split into three small sections, bottom).
Washer is in the kitchen. Yikes! I forgot--my laundry is done and I totally spaced it tonight. Not sure where it'll be getting dried...hmmm...



Tonight I got to meet a very cool family (family friends in a roundabout way) who were in town. We feasted at a great local restaurant that was down a cool alley. Oh, the best part of Italy is just this! And before dinner we had some to-die-for Montefalco vino. mmmmm. I need to pay that winery a visit (it's super close to Bevagna).

Here's that alley:

And here we are at a fab lookout spot:
Tomorrow, finally, is the day I've been looking forward to for 6 months now...Italian school begins! (Alright, so entrance exams are first, but I have a feeling I'll learn a lot just being tested about everything I don't know.) Buona fortuna to me!

(Or you could say "In bocca al lupo!" and I respond back to you: "Crepi il lupo." This means: in the mouth of the wolf and the response means: may the wolf die. This is right along the lines of break a leg.) No wolves, no breaking legs tomorrow, but definitely going to be an interesting experience being tested on a language that I haven't studied formally yet. Results will be blogged when I get them.

Ciao ciao!

No comments: