At the Perugia train station, I was starving and they were serving rosemary pizza. They should have called it rosemary & salt pizza--it was wonderful, especially after I drizzled olive oil all over it (Amy, you would have loved it).
Dinner last night I cooked in the kitchen here at the house I'm staying in. The bottle of wine is special for one of the girls here who is having a birthday today (they left me a glass full). "They" are (mostly) a group of Americans stationed in Germany, in Italy staying here for the weekend.
It's great to be around such energetic, happy people who speak English (they are all still sleeping at the moment, though, after a long night of birthday celebrating). :)
In Other News
See the last rule posted on Rome elevators (that I had to take)...so technically, I have broken the law and should be locked up.I'd say this load qualifies as "bulky."
Yesterday's travel involved train to Rome, then train to Perugia. Got to Perugia at 4pm. Then I had to find the bus to the place where I was hoping to stay. I only knew about this place, but didn't know if there were rooms available or if anyone would be around when I showed up...but I wanted to give it a shot. Worst case scenario, I'd take the bus back to the town center and find someplace to stay there. Again, I've felt so fortunate to be traveling when it isn't tourist season since it's a good gamble that rooms are available.
After getting off of the bus, it was a walk to this long road that eventually turned into gravel that led to where I'm staying. It was a scene straight from a movie. Semi "Under the Tuscan Sun" with the main character (me) being a comedic figure dragging this bike bag to an unknown place. I saw two guys walking near the house and asked if they spoke English. YES, they're American and speak English. I was instantly at home and relieved. The sun set not long after I arrived here (it had been cloudy all day), but the clouds parted long enough to see the sun radiate off the sides of the storybook-perfect villas dotting the rolling hills.
Now to go explore this area, find a more permanent living situation, relax and drink in the Italian air.
No comments:
Post a Comment