Friday morning started early with a visit to the RSC by U Mass Lowell. They are exploring transportation options, looking to do a lot more with biking on their campus (of which they have a few separated by trivial distances perfect for riding, too long for walking) and they have a repair shop and food services that they are looking to combine in a unique way. We were their first stop on a day-long field trip. It was a nice opportunity to share with them how the business works, keys to its success and the areas that are challenging, to assist them in thinking through their own situation. They were a great group I'm glad to have had a chance to meet.
I wonder when someone will want to write a book about the Studio. It'll happen someday. I'm going to be brainstorming titles in the interim. Smaller is Better, Good to Fabulous, The Art of Running a Studio, The 400-Hour Work Week, It's All About the Latte... good thing I'm starting now so in 20 years, it'll have come together and the 400-Hour Work Week title won't be in the running.
Friday's challenge was set forth by both Comcast and Verizon somehow both losing control of our voice phone number leaving us phone-number-less for a couple of days. Hours lost, only thing gained: not having to run to the phone when it rang today since it didn't. Nothing is easy, I'm just glad this is happening now and not in the middle of spring.
Friday was a beautiful day and one that treated cyclists who were able to get outside. I have been craving a reasonable day to ride. It got the best of me and with a new pair of new Mavic mtn bike shoes on my feet, I decided I *had* to take the long way home last night on my non-studded tire Honey (sweet, oh so sweet) bike. It flew and just felt great. I've been only outside lately on a heavy commuter bike with studded tires so the ride quality of it is suboptimal. I was happy to feel the difference between the two and re-appreciate my super sweet cross bike. I wanted to get a good pic of the bike out there in the night. Will need to get it out and do that still. I really like that bike.
| Boston Skyline from the MIT bridge & my turn-around point. |
It was late by the time I got out and I didn't know where I was going to go. After taking a look at some city riding photos late in the evening, I began to thirst for NYC. So I got on the bike and headed toward Boston. The smells of Central Square and the skyline of Boston quenched my thirst. I returned home and called it a night, a good night indeed.
| In Harvard Square. |
No comments:
Post a Comment