Thursday, February 07, 2013

Eating My Words for Breakfast

If there are two things I need to start the day every day, it's breakfast and a shower. I got neither today and the yoga that I was sort of looking forward to didn't end up happening. I'm trying to get to like yoga so I didn't miss it that much. But it seems like it could be a good way to start the day for someone who really needs something to be scheduled on a calendar to get me away from work/computer/sleep/whatever prior to going in to the shop in the morning.

A wave of stupid things happened all at once and without breakfast with the unexpected activity got me a little off balance. A fine mocha-cortado made with perfectly steamed milk and the grace of a barista who empathized with me helped lift my spirits some. It all boils down to me eating much of what I said in yesterday's blog. It makes one re-think blogging. If I said I enjoy figuring out schedules yesterday, I was dealt a bigger challenge where it comes to that subject today. It turned into something larger with consequences of mis-calculation scaled up. It remains an interesting challenge.

A huge blizzard is now scheduled for Friday. So much for the wispy snow dancing to the ground. I would be happy with a blizzard or some crazy winter weather. Now after saying this, it probably won't snow. I'm leading a studded-tire ride if Sunday's roads allow.


No comments: