Obviously, there's always more time to blog when out of town. I've been very busy at work (hey, look, I have so much more energy now!) and have gotten caught up on sleep, unpacking, cleaning... yeah, it feels great. I'm still on a high from the super fun vacation and I think the training-camp portion of the trip worked wonders.
I raced CX Sunday and, granted, my technical skills need a lot of work, but I can tell that my strength is returning. (Sorry, I was rushing around to get to the race so I didn't have my camera.) It was so fun and I had awesome support out there, too. That made a big difference.
Now with gas prices a bit lower and I'm getting into a rhythm at work, it is going to be possible to train this winter and I can't wait to race on the road again. Dirt is getting cooler, too, but I still have this built-in mechanism to slow down on it for no good reason at all.
Tonight is the maiden voyage of my new-to-me Cyclops fluid trainer. My old one is so loud I can't make the television loud enough to hear dialogue.
No comments:
Post a Comment