Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Conference Day 2

This morning I was determined to enjoy the morning (a bit of a knee-jerk reaction to the 8 am requirement of yesterday morning). The sun was shining, too, which has been a bit unusual (it was rainy and cloudy all day yesterday).

It was possible to get an hour run in prior to needing to meet up with my co-workers (at 9 am) and it's possible to cover quite a bit of ground in that period of time. I probably should have run west so as to see a completely new area than what I've seen thus far, but the water/bay was calling. Most of the run involved some kind of hill, straight up or down, but out by the water it was flat and I wouldn't have needed much more time to get close to the Golden Gate bridge. Alas, I did have to turn around and head back to not risk being late. But it was a marvelous way to begin the day and so far I've been much more awake today (and there's that fresh-after-a-shower-after-a-workout feeling).

The keynote speaker was a slew of Dell execs and Michael Dell. I didn't find it too riveting so stayed for part of it, then spent some time on the showroom floor talking with vendors and picking up swag.

Just a shout out to all you wonderful blog-reading people (and those of you who have called/emailed/commented). This is my substitute for writing post cards and it's great to feel the connection to everyone back home. Next session is beginning, bye for now.

No comments: