Sunday, November 30, 2008

Last Weekend--How it was Okay After All

Just a few quick notes about last weekend that must be mentioned: 

I went into last weekend dreading it. My expectations were extremely low since I knew I had a lot of work to get done and it wasn't the kind of work that could be done in one day. Yuck. But, somehow the weekend worked out to be really nice. 

The beauty of it was this: There were times that I could not work because my co-worker needed the code to himself. Therefore, there were specific times when I had to put it down and not concern myself with any of it. During these times, I squeezed in working out, running, riding the trainer, dining with church friends, going to a crazy nightclub, celebrating my dad's birthday over breakfast, attending an especially lengthy (although particularly beautiful) mass and finishing the project to be demo'd to the company first thing Monday morning. 

When does all of this stuff ever all get done in such a short period of time? NEVER.  EVER.

Lesson learned here is that we shouldn't worry that which we are not currently working on. If everything is properly scheduled, though it may seem to add stress to schedule things, it actually alleviates it completely, if there is trust in the schedule. I will be trying this new method in the future...

No comments: