Sunday, November 02, 2008

Halloween and rain in CA?

Oh dear, I'm back at the computer so soon. Halloween was such fun! I don't think I've done anything significant (like even think about dressing up) for Halloween in a long time.

The workout at the gym was great yesterday. The steam shower had echinacea in it and that was just the best way to conclude a good workout. (The gym was in San Mateo, not too far away.) I was a bit glad that it was drizzly since it's been awhile since I lifted and I wanted to be on track starting in November. Besides, no better place to build muscle than somewhere with more oxygen than Colorado.

Lana and I then headed to SF for the Halloween party. It was next to where the steepest/curviest road is. Fabulous location. Parking was really challenging, but we figured it out.My costume, I guess it's appropriate since Wonder Woman was my childhood idol (yeah, I'm finally admitting it out loud after all these years).
One of the hostesses, this is Christmas Tree, aka Rachael, Lana's cycling friend from college (Santa Barbara).Here is Flav O Flav, aka Lana. She was very entertaining throughout the evening.Of course there were many political costumes. These two don't need explanation.And a Superman showed up.

The cute couple of the evening (all the way from Ohio), per my vote, the SNL cheerleaders. There were quite a few people from out of state. Since I haven't been to a good Halloween party in Colorado since, uh, hum, ??? freshman year in college? Maybe it's worth traveling to Halloween again in the future, but I definitely want to participate again.

Thanks to rain that began late last night, Lana and I scrapped our plans to visit wine country. She and I stayed over in SF (where the party was) and slept in. The house needed some serious cleaning first thing this morning and then she, Rachel (Christmas Tree) and I went for a run. It was raining such that we were completely soaked not long after starting, but it wasn't cold out and it was so gorgeous to see the Golden Gate bridge with clouds sitting on the tops of the pillars and be next to sand and water, amongst other really cool parts of San Fran.

The rest of the day we spent hanging out, reading, watching stupid MTV shows, eating breakfast out, it was truly relaxing and enjoyable.

Tonight, I decided to come back to where I've been staying instead of going out (how can these crazy girls want to go out again after partying last night?) Unfortunately, the roof is leaking so now I've seen a bit more rain than I care to in a single day. What's up with this rain? It actually stopped this evening, but it's begun again and the dripping has started again, too.

No comments: