Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Conference Day 1

Yesterday, the DreamForce conference got started early, I had to be at breakfast at 8. Ouch. Thank goodness for the time change. What was more painful than waking up early was finding only sweet pastries and boring oatmeal at breakfast. I opted for the oatmeal and, fortunately, had flattened bananas on me (purchased from Trader Joe's a few days back, in flattened form). But that was not too satisfying.

The keynote speech was good, Salesforce.com made a couple of exciting announcements about their product and Neil Young spoke about his Lincoln that he converted to a battery/cng (compressed natural gas) car. I sat right up front (due to my company's relationship with Salesforce.com). I have lots of great pics, but don't have time to upload anything. There's been almost no time to get on the internet since I've been in the city. The hotel doesn't have free wireless (seriously?!) And the conference hall has lots of dead spots.

After that, there were technical sessions all afternoon and by 6 pm, my co-workers and I were toast. There was a Foo Fighters concert last night for all of the attendees of this conference, but I passed. I went to the venue, but left fairly quickly. It had been a long day.

No comments: