Sunday, August 10, 2008

Mt. Evans and a Wedding in a Day

Rode with some teammates today up Mt. Evans...then down and more miles (hard effort on many of them) because it was looking like I might be late for the wedding that I needed to get to by 5 pm. 96 miles total. Epic. Amazingly fun. And, it appears that my base might not be as badly damaged as I thought it had been from all of the time I've not been training. We had sag support provided by Kim...it was the best support ever & allowed for 3 wardrobe changes during the ride to continually keep warm & dry. It was chilly up there, but by far the best weather I've ever seen on Mt. Evans. We all had a great time. And then off to the wedding! I changed and showered at my teammate's home and flew off to the wedding. Made it just a few minutes late, but didn't miss much and was able to sneak in unnoticeably. It was so well done (did you know that Colorado has a castle? Yes it does, and it's so beautiful and warm, much unlike you'd expect a castle to be on the inside).


Here are the two love birds eating their mint chocolate cake.
This picture doesn't do the castle justice. It's so high, the views are unbelievable.

Oh yeah, and the cuisine was buffalo, trout, mixed greens, potatoes and steamed veggies. What a post-ride meal. Hopefully now the adrenaline of the whole day has passed, it would be nice to sleep. Tomorrow is, once again, a full day.

No comments: