The title of this blog is the motto of TechStars--a Boulder-based incubator for 10 startups every summer. Tonight was an end-of-summer party in Boulder hosted by one of the TechStars founders. I was invited by the owners of the company I'll be working for soon (since they were part of the TechStars incubator this summer).
The idea of being part of an incubator has always fascinated me--I think once upon a time I thought the only way I'd ever be able to get into business would be to be part of one of these programs. It was fun to see so many young, very intelligent people who have walked away from good corporate jobs to try their hand at a startup. What's cool, too, is the incubator is its own business. Its owners are people who provide a variety of advice, help the young entrepreneurs meet investors, mentor them and give them things like money and desk space. They do all of this in exchange for a percentage ownership in each of the companies. Win-win, you think?
So I had a great time hanging out with a large contingent of the company, had some beers and it was one of those magical summer evenings.
Meanwhile, back in my regular life, Denver is becoming a really hectic, chaotic mess of temporary structures, glitz from t.v. crews, barriers, cops, you name it. I am truly dreading if I need to drive. Right now my gas gauge is below empty so I hope that's incentive enough to not be tempted to get in the car and go anywhere. All week.
Also, I've been finishing up stuff at my job. I have only good things to say about how they took my news about leaving (very shocking considering the reaction I got last time I changed jobs). They also took me and the group's intern to lunch today. It's sad to say goodbye to my co-workers as I like them very much, but we're already planning on getting together for more rock band...
And this morning started with breakfast with an old co-worker and friend from ReadyTalk. Fun to catch up with him...and have good breakfast. Now with all day today being spent eating and socializing, it's hard to calm down to sleep, thus the really lengthy post.
So, as for the title of this post, what do you think? I'm absolutely positive of it, except that it might be short-lived as geeks have this tendency to not reproduce (I'm living proof of that).
No comments:
Post a Comment