In an attempt to make my bday last as long as it possibly could, I woke up at 5:15 and went for a solo ride to think about the upcoming year. The camera came with me...the goal of the ride was to find something that would symbolize 31.
This painted brick wall jumped out and seemed the obvious choice. Then I thought about it, how appropriate! Wednesday evening I went out with a few co-workers and we had beers together (I switched from the standard Guinness or stout on tap to pale ale and it was quite good). It was fun to have a celebration of sorts for my bday and I didn't expect that from the work crowd (though they are usually in the mood for going out). After that a couple of us went to an indoor gym and climbed the walls.
The next celebration was tonight--Carol's bachelorette party. The girls met up in LoDo and we had such a fun time! I was sad that I had recently thrown away the extra candy necklaces from Arrick's bachelorette party...they would have come in handy. Alas, Carol received a candy bra and a few other candy items unmentionable on a pg blog such as this one. ;) We had a super fun time, it was great to see her and others from the women's peloton whom I've not seen in a very long time.
Carol and Tim are getting married this weekend! So that celebration will be coming soon, I can't wait. They are such a good couple, it's awesome to see people like them get together and tie the knot.
Sunday is the bday party with family. Another fun time! I'll take it, considering I've been all work and no play girl for too long this summer.
1 comment:
HAPPY Birthday!!
Post a Comment