Sunday, August 03, 2008

Fed Center Spectator

Today I didn't end up racing. It was cookin' out there in the sun. Not being fully rested, it just didn't seem like a good idea to try to race again, as much as I wanted to. It's pretty important that it is a good experience (okay, now, how many races have I done and not liked? I can count them on one hand & I've probably done around 100 races--for those of you who aren't familiar with bike racing, 100 is a low number compared to most people who have been racing awhile). But, racing after training is a much different animal than going in without having a real interval training session since, ummm, last year at this time.

ColoBikeLaw.com did a fabulous job of organizing the race. It seemed to go like clock-work to me (sitting at the registration table). And, it was sooooo cool seeing many friends, teammates (old and new) and getting all excited to be back in the pack.

The one thing that keeps bouncing through my head is what a good idea cross racing would be. Only issue is that it seems easy to tip over when mounting and dismounting. My bike is getting older and I don't have spare tubes, tires, etc. but this year might be different than years past when I'm just too tired from racing all season to consider cross racing. We'll see!

No comments: