Monday, June 04, 2007

Blogging is for winners

Hi again, sorry for the lack of posts in the past couple of weeks. I watch quite a few blogs (RSS feeders make this possible w/o spending too much time snooping around trying to see what's changed on which blogs)...and it occurred to me that a large majority of bloggers are winners. Almost every blog is someone announcing another win at a race or successful book publishing or some other great accomplishment. And, of course, these people blog regularly (usually) and seem to always be winning something. Guess people who blog have the confidence to share their lives, which they expect to be successful, with the rest of the world.

So, therefore, since I have a blog, I am successful and expect to bring you some really awesome racing news before the season is over. Thank goodness it's a long season and there are lots of races. Of course, racing doesn't define success, but it's the coolest thing to talk about in a blog. And since racing well takes many of the same qualities to do almost anything in life well, I'll let it define how successful I am...at least to you, dear blog reader.

Last weekend (Memorial Day weekend) was an amazing weekend spent in Durango with Eric and some of his friends there & then some of mine in Denver. It felt like vacation and, being coupled with a bike race (Iron Horse road race and crit), I got the riding and intensity in that was necessary. The Iron Horse race is very mentally challenging with all of the climbing involved, but since they close the road to all traffic, it's worth doing it. Yep, even for a non-climber such as myself.
It was a unique experience to watch cattle being moved. Look how close they are! It took many men, on horses and ATVs, to keep these really loudly moooooing cattle going the right way. I thought that they would put cattle in a truck and take them to where they want them. Guess it's cheaper or easier to do it this way.

Lots and lots to share about Durango...not going to blog it because sleep is important to me. It's a great town & I can understand why everyone from Durango can climb like a mountain goat on the bike.

No comments: