Here's a short & sweet version of the weekend:
Brutal road race Saturday, but beautiful and very nice all-in-all. I enjoyed all of the descending and the happy power hills and the scenery...
The rest of Saturday was spend recovering. Eating, sleeping, drinking... it was oh so relaxing and since I didn't have my computer with me, I actually did these things.
Sunday was the downtown Ft. Collins crit--wow, was it exciting! There were attacks constantly throughout the race...finally, I have the jump I've been in search of all season (yes, after the brutal road race)...I attacked a few times and tried to jump on all of the attacks I was near. I spent half a lap on the front trying for one prime that I missed by an inch, but at least it didn't mean getting spat out as has happened before.
The finish left me in 10th & with $20 (the field was close to 40-large), but after having such an exciting race, it left me feeling pretty good. I headed back to my host family's house for a quick shower & then got back home to hang out with Rebecca who had come up from Durango for the weekend...finally getting to enjoy Denver and some quality off-the-bike time.
Picture of the weekend to come if I can collect enough energy to unpack my car and find the camera (yeah, I took one picture...hope it turned out!)
No comments:
Post a Comment