For all of you wondering about my cryptic post a little over a week ago, finally, it's announceable-- I'll be racing for Twin Peaks for the remainder of the '07 season.
I learned a lot about trying to be my own team (there were 3 other women on Einstein's, but with all of us doing different races, we couldn't act as a team). Basically, I straightened out my priorities and know that what I want first and foremost is to enjoy racing with people who make it a full experience. It's important to me to always enjoy being on the bike and racing takes it's toll when there isn't a huge support structure. Believe it or not, to become a really great racer, it takes a lot of support by many, many people, not just one or two. Blogs and articles about great athletes show this to be true a lot. And no, I'm not a great racer yet, but I know my chances of being great are so much better when I'm surrounded by good people...getting free stuff isn't going to be what does it.
On that note, it's time to train...inside due to some seriously uncool weather...
1 comment:
Cool... good choice! Although, we could have used you in the "other" blue- Rocky Mounts. I am sure that was not an easy decision but I think it is a smart one.
cari
Post a Comment