Not racing is almost as fun as racing, but it's still hard to watch racers do a perfectly flat crit course --yeah, if I hadn't had specific directions not to race, I would have been out there today. Pretty exciting racing happened this weekend, mainly involving DQs, strange crashing, and what sounds like an attack during a pee break. I'll withhold my opinions on these and other weekend events from this blog since I wasn't there to see what happened. My rides were awesome this weekend, especially since they were both concluded with a dip in the Platte River.
Watching the cat 4 women's race this morning took me back to my cat 4 days...the early morning race, the small pack, the unknown girls out there who have been doing something active their whole lives, but just turned to bike racing. It's a bit upsetting to see this perfectly good race go unused by so, so many women who could be out there. Why are women so terrified of crits? Women cat 4 crits are a completely different sport than cat 1-4 men's racing (and women 1-3 racing, too, generally). I am so impressed by the cat 4 women who embrace racing and say outloud that they want to race and go after their goals...this is very cool and you've got a lot to teach other women about just doing it.
No comments:
Post a Comment