Saturday, June 16, 2007

Bike path bugs

Are little swarming bugs organic? One thing is for sure, they are free range, and, arguably, have a very nice, happy existence. I hope they qualify as healthy cuisine since my ride tonight involved eating quite a few of them. It has been such a moist spring that everything is alive and thriving.

Prepping for Nature Valley full time this weekend, so that means no racing. I'm oh so disappointed to not have to drive 2 1/2 hours to the middle of freaking-nowhere Colorado for a road race (it's a great race & it has been fun to go in the past). However, I'm not missing the long drive or very, very intense heat all that much. Twin Peaks has 11 women out there representing and quite a few men, very exciting! I'll live vicariously this weekend...and it'll be a serious challenge watching the crits on Sunday, but I can't wait to be a spectator for once in such a long, long time.

No comments: