Monday, June 04, 2007

Now for this weekend

This weekend involved some seriously fun time on the bike. 95 miles yesterday, maybe 9,000 feet of climbing, oh yeah, with LT intervals thrown in for good measure. It was a fabulous ride. Basically, it involved riding to Estes Park from Boulder, so much of the ride was at fairly high altitude. Then this morning, I did a TT (on my own), in order to prep for Nature Valley...coming soon! Afterwards, a power nap was necessary as well as a shower and fresh clothes, so as to be able to race City Park tonight.

What's wrong with me? -I really like going into races tired. I think it helps me deal with the pressure to do well (so I'm the only one putting that pressure on, but it's real, no matter its source). Also, all of this training will hopefully make Nature Valley a fuller experience. I'd like to dedicate yesterday's ride to my Bike Hugger (aka Wines of Washington) teammates who had to race that distance and feet of climbing at Mt. Hood. I'm really impressed with what they've done this week (http://team.bikehugger.com).

Speaking of teammates, it's great to be back on Twin Peaks locally. They have the team tent set up at the races and they never tire of cheering. Hopefully one of these days my race is earlier in the day so I can hang out and cheer afterwards.

No comments: