Wow, I really got used to the excitement of traveling all over the place in the early season. Now, May is here and I'm looking at the Colorado race calendar and my eyes are glazing over. Business Park crit #1 through Busines Park crit #6, road race in the middle of nowhere, circuit in the middle of nowhere...yep, super exciting.
I am also just really loving this training through racing thing. Basically, it involves going into races tired due to training. It pays off later in the season...or so it did last year...and I'm hanging onto a thread of hope that it'll do the same this season. But what's my competition doing? Maybe the same. How depressing!
My camera hasn't seen the light of day in awhile so my apologies for the lack of pictures or interesting posts. Today was the celebration of the mother's in my family. We thought we'd out-smart the Mother's Day crowd and celebrate a week early. It was very nice to hang with the fam and not talk about racing, though it seems to permeate most of my thoughts. It is so much a part of who I am, and I like it that way...but I'm not dreaming of winning one of these office park crits...though that's what's going to have to happen to be able to do the 10,000+ spectator downtown crits!
And now, before writing any more that really should be going in a personal journal, but I'm putting it here because it's so much easier to type than write by hand, I'll wish you a pleasant evening!
No comments:
Post a Comment