On the start line. Last year I never, ever started a race on the line. Now that's where I'm comfortable (far right). However, I'll admit I was a little nervous last night, especially since some Vitamin Cottage guys were starting on my wheel. It was impossible to know what the starting pace would be like. Lucky for me, it was coffee-shop-ride pace.
------------------------------------------------------
Women's local races are just not that exciting...small fields don't make for really cool racing. I've noticed this more than ever since I've been back from the large and fast fields in the NRC races. (See the last post.)
Tonight was a training race in Golden, where the 1/2 women race with the 1/2/3 men. What an adrenaline rush! Okay, I didn't push it, not for the first race. I won't mind trying some risky moves in the future (those that may result blowing up and ending up off the back), but for the first race, I wanted to prove my worth as pack fill. It's so fun worrying about position, cornering fast, not letting a gap open up. There were quite a few men from Einstein's out there racing, so it was enjoyable thinking that I have teammates out there. I still can't say I know all of them, but maybe these races will help. It was very cool racing with one of my old teammates from Twin Peaks. He's always been encouraging (which was key during the past couple of years) and it was a good chance to catch up with him and other Twin Peakers.
Sure, big deal, this was just a training race. But, it really opened my eyes to what I really enjoy about racing, and, sadly, I'm not finding that joy in the women's races right now. Maybe that will change as the season progresses, maybe I need to do more men's races. To be continued...
No comments:
Post a Comment