Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was smaller this year since bro and sis-in-law were with her family...they were missed, but we still had a nice time together. We all have so much to be thankful for! But seriously, we need more kids in the house. Mom and I sat at the "kid" table, but I'd love to see rascals running about. Dad was taking this picture, he's below with Mom. Happy Birthday, Dad! The sweater mom is wearing was lovingly made by a nice person in Sorano.

Tonight I got my wish with respect to the kids. I rode my bike from Denver, up Golden Gate Canyon, Peak-to-Peak highway, down Canyon into Boulder, rode around there awhile and then ended up in Louisville. Hung out with bro & sis-in-law and then ate dinner (super yummy Thanksgiving leftovers at her bro's place with his family & two adorable little girls). Just caught the bus home. What a day...love the adventure!

Concerning the ride--my legs felt great! This is the first time that I can remember doing the Golden Gate portion happily all of the way. In fact, it all felt great. I was sure my steel steed wouldn't climb it very well, but it did just fine.
So that leads me to believe that someone put something in Thanksgiving meal yesterday. What was it? What's this mystery power food? Here's my plate (and there was pumpkin pie afterwards). I'm open to your suggestions. Can't believe it's only Friday. Thank goodness there are two more days for cleaning and riding. This is so vacation-like!

No comments: