Monday, November 16, 2009

Catch Up Blogging

It's not fun to get behind on blogging, as it typically means that life has fully gotten out of control. I'm taking a break from working two weeks straight (it's been more like three).

And this week all I did was work. And stress about working. The beginning of the week I was so happy from traveling last week that I had tons of energy and was knocking out the work. By yesterday, I had a hard time getting through it. Stress takes its toll.

This weekend it snowed a lot in a very short period of time, I love lots of snow! Fortunately, I got lots of riding in on the trainer and am getting close to being done with work until tomorrow which is a huge, major deadline that I'm freaking out about...

Last night I went to a friend's housewarming party, 70s theme. I have no 70s clothes nor did I have time to buy any, so I went in all black, which fit my mood pretty well after this week. Below are some of my friends who were at the party.




Last weekend my very cool uncle was in town from NJ so we got a chance to visit and even ride a little together (he borrowed a mountain bike, I met him after finishing up a very nice long-ish road ride to Morrison). 






And here are pictures we each took of each other from where we were standing/lying in downtown Denver:



Two weeks ago I spent the week in Minneapolis & St. Paul, Minnesota. For a place like Minnesota that is so freezing cold in the winter, the week I was there was very pleasant. It was a warm 40-50 degrees and I got to workout every day I was there. I find work travel to be very relaxing and a great time to catch up on sleep and workouts. One of the things I truly dislike about my current situation is that I have to drive to work every day. When traveling to another city for work, driving is typically not necessary. I wish I could travel more often!



Notice the walkway above the street--it's part of the 5-10 mile indoor skyway system in the city that allows people to go all over downtown without going outside...yes, it gets THAT cold in the winter in MN.














And the weekend prior to leaving MN was the grand prix cyclocross race in Boulder. Below is a picture of a random racer, but I was trying to capture the beauty of the scene--Boulder mountains in the background and a huge crowd making deafening noise cheering on the cross racers. It was so much fun being out there and it was a perfectly beautiful day (like upper 60s) for a long ride prior to cheering at the race.













And the before the race, I was hiking here, in this winter wonderland near Golden.


No comments: