Tonight is finally a bit of relaxation time...well, I have some things that do need to be done, but there is time to sit here for a little while and spend quality time updating the blog. There is so much I want to write, but there are also a lot of emails that I owe people so I should put some effort into those.
With the lovely Colorado weather recently and some schedule modifications, I've finally gotten back on the bike in a way that is reminiscent of how I used to ride and train. And it really feels good. I feel more alive every day that I spend time on the bike. The last time I did the Sunday morning ride (MOB), it was when I was seriously racing. Being back there took me back, though there were many new faces. And yesterday's Twin Peaks ride also took me back to the time when I was on Twin Peaks. This has been a tour of previous years and a very welcome one.
Today we celebrated Amy's birthday (very belated) by having lunch at an Indian place--no one ate except for me (for their own reasons) but I scarfed down the buffet...now let me refrain that. My stomach doesn't hold as much after a solid almost 4-hr ride as it does any other day of the week. I know I ingest too many calories when I don't train.
Yesterday I went to mass at the Italian church in town. It was neat to be in a place with so many Italians. It was a very friendly place and I was happy that I went, even though I could count on one hand the number of people anywhere near my age.
How can it almost be Thanksgiving? I am happy that it is becoming vacation time, so many things to do and I am not going to have much more time off between now and mid-spring.
No comments:
Post a Comment