Yesterday - Maiden voyage of the Ergomo power meter. So far, I think it's great (though a bit distracting). Also, I'm a little disappointed at how different hr is from power (ie it's such a lagging indicator of what's really going on).
The ride I went on yesterday was pretty easy, I'm still recovering from the weekend's riding.
Mountain biked and hiked 3 Sisters...it was beautiful, but not much in the way of fall foliage yet.It was a bit hard to move Sunday, after an epic 6 hr 45 min ride Saturday. Actually, what ended up hurting was Saturday's company softball game versus Utility Engineering's team.
I'm hiding because I showed up in cycling apparel. Also, I found out that I can't sprint...running from 2nd to 3rd base found me in the gravel with a scraped and bleeding knee. Developed a new appreciation for softball and baseball players.There was a silent auction for the Challenged Athletes Foundation so that was a good time with a different group of people than usual (triathletes).
Friday was a free showing of "The Flying Scotsman," a really well made movie about Graeme Obree trying to set the 1-hour record. It'll be out on DVD very soon, highly recommend watching it. Lennard Zinn was in attendance. Read his review.And, finally, Thursday was a talk on the psychology of training and racing put on by HART.
In other news, I switched teams for next year. This team is competitive, but has a good attitude and positive image in the community. It also has a solid squad of cat 1/2 women. Next year will bring very exciting racing. More on that soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment