Saturday, September 08, 2007

I *heart* eBay


It's been a long time since eBay started but I only recently made my first purchase: some very cool jeans that I can only buy in Montreal (they're sold all over Canada). That was a successful purchase: $14 for jeans that would cost close to $100 in the US (and that's if they were sold here...since they're not, that makes them priceless).

My second purchase: an Ergomo power meter! I can't wait to get it on my bike and start training to it. That will free me somewhat from worrying about heart rate which is so variable and doesn't necessarily indicate how the pedaling is going.

Seems to make sense that this is the next step in training and trying to get stronger, faster and more competitive. And, while on the subject of training, it seems so faux paus amongst women to like training or to take it seriously. Some of the most fun I've had on a bike has been on training rides and my best experiences racing have been at the NRC races...it just makes sense to me to take the off-season seriously and stay focused because it equates to more fun!

No comments: