The weekend in Salida, CO racing in the Salida Omnium was a blast. First, for the record, the people of Salida are fantastic! This is a great town. Twin Peaks and other racing friends did a fantastic job racing & supporting each other throughout the weekend. Everyone reported having an amazing time. I know I did (regardless of results). After winning the TT Friday evening, I had the opportunity to stand on a podium. This is the first time in my life I have stood on a podium. Winning a TT is like getting an A+ on a report card. With a headwind and a 300' loss in elevation over 8 miles, the average was 25.3 miles per hour. Survived the road race, got 3rd in the crit with a prime win, 2nd overall on the weekend. I felt just as satisfied after coming in 10th at a stage race a few weeks ago. Happiness in racing (in my eyes) comes from the effort put forth, not the final result. If this weren't true, I would have quit racing by June.
Tuesday, August 01, 2006
Podium?
The weekend in Salida, CO racing in the Salida Omnium was a blast. First, for the record, the people of Salida are fantastic! This is a great town. Twin Peaks and other racing friends did a fantastic job racing & supporting each other throughout the weekend. Everyone reported having an amazing time. I know I did (regardless of results). After winning the TT Friday evening, I had the opportunity to stand on a podium. This is the first time in my life I have stood on a podium. Winning a TT is like getting an A+ on a report card. With a headwind and a 300' loss in elevation over 8 miles, the average was 25.3 miles per hour. Survived the road race, got 3rd in the crit with a prime win, 2nd overall on the weekend. I felt just as satisfied after coming in 10th at a stage race a few weeks ago. Happiness in racing (in my eyes) comes from the effort put forth, not the final result. If this weren't true, I would have quit racing by June.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment