Monday, August 07, 2006

Follow your heart, Do what you Love, blah, blah

Every motivational book preaches a similar mantra: you must be passionate about what you do, follow your heart, write your mission statement down so you can pursue it. This is all good stuff. My goals are clearly written in big letters in a place I look every morning and every evening. I have a Lance poster on my bedroom wall.

I think we *think* we know what we want, but society and external pressures play a large role. Try this: Figure out what you want by noticing what sends cold chills down your spine when you think about whatever it is.
That is the authentic goal and what you should put your heart and soul into pursuing.

Every time I think about being part of a European peloton, and sipping coffee the day after in a small cabin in the countryside with someone special, my heart skips a beat and I get those cold chills. It never fails.

No comments: