This was another awesome day. This is better than winning a race. I went to race in Eagle, CO (in Vail Valley). It came up at the last minute, most of my teammates are racing Mt. Evans today. I love to road trip with others, but do enjoy time alone, too. No other women showed up to the 1/2/3 race so I got the "win" and prize money. Cool, it paid for gas. The best part, though, was getting to race with the 1/2/3 guys. I've been wanting to do that, but I'm not bold enough to jump in one of their races without a seemingly compelling reason. The guys were decent, andI tried to uphold my
end of the deal by not letting a gap open up between me and the guys in front of me.After the race, I went for a two-hour ride up to the town of Gypsum and into the mountains. The pics to the left are from that ride. Around every turn was an even more beautiful area, the sun was shining nicely on the hills and peaks of mountains off in the distance. The hills were green, absolutely green. These pictures don't do it justice. How can you stop riding and decide to turn around?
Well, food is my limiter. I was worried about getting a "hunger flat." It was very
hot and it was impossible for the boiling water in the water bottles to quench my thirst. The market in Gypsum had the only thing that would help: chocolate milk. While gulping it down, it was necessary to read the bulletin board at the market. Funny, yes, but it reminded me about how I'd like to raise chickens someday. (Not just because of the movie, either!)
After getting back to the car and taking a "shower" in the sprinkers, I found this great bar and grill in Edwards, CO (The Gore Range Brewery). They had a smooth, rich stout on tap called the Biker Stout that was...too good to describe. Got a nice spot at the bar, right in front of the t.v. with the Tour and Floyd riding to victory. I wouldn't have traded today for anything in the world.

No comments:
Post a Comment