Monday, September 22, 2008

Loving Racing...

CX is not exactly my sport. I was tripping, crashing, derailing today...you name it. But it was soooo much fun out there. I had spectated at this race a couple of years ago (near the Taj in Golden), little did I know that this is where today's race would be. Fortunately, when I had seen it before, it was very muddy. Today it was dry and dusty. Definitely preferred.

It doesn't matter what the details are, it is great being pushed hard and having to overcome fears and having small victories...all part of every race I've ever been part of.

Dreaming of next year's road season, but having fun in the meantime remembering the adrenaline rush of racing...good combo! Still no CX pics. I've been leaving my camera at home for fear someone might get a not-so-smooth picture of one of my amateur moves.

1 comment:

amy said...

Hey patria!
as far as that rottie, have you looked into Rottie Rescue of Colorado? if not them, i'd recommend a "no-kill" shelter like the Maxfund. I wouldn't suggest bringing him to an "open-admission" shelter like the Dumb Friends League unless you're absolutely sure he doesn't have any food-related agression. Most shelters like the League have a zero tolerance policy on food agression and most rotties have at least a little of it. just give me a call if you want any more info! good luck, and i hope you're doing great! ~AMY