Monday, September 08, 2008

Cyclocross Racing Might Be Fun

Everyone says it's so much fun, but the very few times I've tried some CX moves with my cross bike, I can't say I've enjoyed it. However, today a cross clinic turned mini-practice race might have changed my mind. There wasn't time to think about being freaked out about jumping off the bike or care about how silly it must have looked when I was running through a sand pit...but falling just prior to getting to the sand pit.

So maybe it'll happen yet...next weekend are the first two cross races so it's time for me to no longer consider it and just do it. Seriously, today I almost skipped it as I was getting so scared just prior to going! Why is it that grass and dirt are scarier than pavement? We all know which hurts worse.

After cross practice, it was necessary to get some road miles in and after the waaaay-over LT efforts of cross, the 3 hr ride seemed easy. Went up Golden Gate Canyon for some quality climbing. Last weekend's climbing at altitude helped tremendously.

Just finished the first week (er, the first four days) of the new job. So far, I'm liking it a lot. And the flexibility can't be beat (I'm working from home the next couple of days, how cool is that?)

No comments: