I just got back from an absolutely marvelous, awesome, wonderful, cool weekend. Yes, it deserves all of these adjectives. Since I haven't vacationed all summer, it was a much needed break to get to the mountains with a friend (we're in ToastMasters together) and her family. I got to know her so much better. It was a treat to be in the peace and beauty of the mountains, to stay in a log cabin with a good family (read: yummy food, camp-like activities like story telling and singing songs with guitar accompaniment, completely unstructured time and no t.v. or internet) and to be able to play outside a lot, too.
Saturday I took a road ride from Breckenride to Vail Pass. It was a beautiful ride and I threw some intervals in for good measure. Met some fun people on road bikes from NYC and rode a few miles with them. Afterwards, we (my friend and her family) attended church in Breck. The place was full so it felt like a warm Christmas Eve mass.
Sunday found us on a retro tandem cruiser. This thing can move! The picture was taken during a break in Dillon for lunch (we rode from Frisco to Keystone and back).

And today we hiked right out from the cabin, it was quite a distance with her guide dog showing her every step to take. He is even able to tell her when she might run into a tree limb that's face-height. He's such a sweet dog, and he's smarter than most people.
Hope everyone had a fantastic Labor Day weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment