Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Completely Random Things

This is my super cool Grandpa, as seen on Mother's Day in the backyard. He and all of us were smiling because Mom made a wonderful dinner and the picture-perfect apple pie shown here. Yeah, she made the whole thing. I am trying to figure out how to make it up to her...but without cooking because she does so much better of a job. It's not all that clear how Mom and I are related: she cooks good food, keeps the house clean, she is organized and her wardrobe is vastly superior to mine. But, I'm assuming she's my Mom so my bro and I happily celebrated her and my Grandmother & Grandma this past weekend. Thank you all for willingly going through all of the pain of raising us kids!!!

And Saturday was spent sleeping in after a very late-night Friday deployment and then I attended this fuel-cell car/solar car competition at Dakota Ridge High School (the competition was for middle schoolers). It was fun to see the contraptions the kids put together and you should have seen those cars fly! Yeah, I'm a geek, this kind of thing is very exciting. Only thing better would have been participating in it....I'm a little too old, yeah....it was a bit surprising how young middle schoolers look.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You really start to appreciate your parents when you start raising kids of your own :)