Tuesday, February 06, 2007

On the Road Again

Finally, yesterday was the first day I could be on the road since mid-December. The sun was shining, and temps were mild. All main roads are clear of snow and ice...side streets are still solid ice in many places. After being on the trainer all winter, I thought I'd feel fast. Like faster than fast. No luck. It was sloooow going. The strong, artic wind didn't help matters, either. Just being able to get out brings hope. There's no way, though, that I'm going to be ready to race in less than two weeks.Hey, Mon-- Read this entry--it's about a guy who moved back to Jamaica. Apparently, he rides his bike on the roads there. It's shocking to me because I thought Jamaica only had a couple of main roads and those are quite narrow and in poor condition. Hmmm...well, it is warm there, maybe that's a place to relocate to! I happen to like the dreads and Bob Marley never goes out of style (at least the Jamaicans don't think so).

No comments: