Sunday, February 18, 2007

Arizona's Windy and Hot...it's PERFECT here

Wow, to get a long ride in today...oh, I mean race...but who cares? It was 3 1/2 hours in the saddle actually moving somewhere (vs the trainer). This is a great way to start the season. My results are not publishable (I don't know what place I got today), but that's not what this weekend is about. Today was a 57 mile road race. It was so hot out there and the wind made it kind of sketchy so the combination of the two made it difficult to drink anything for the full first hour (when I was with the pack). Then I got blown off the back and rode two laps alone. It's clear I'm stronger than last year, my fitness is much better so that's good. It's been a great weekend living-wise, it's like being with family with all of the comforts of home. After the race today, we hot tubbed (the jets did the trick on our sore bodies) and had a wonderful meal (salmon, cooked to perfection) with our host "parents." After this entry, it's time to catch some zzz's and see if it's possible to have race legs again for tomorrow's crit. So far, my body isn't complaining much and seems to be pretty happy to be working hard.

No comments: