Just a quick entry to say we made it back to Colorado. I tried to keep us in Arizona by locking the key to the car in the car. Tactic didn't work, though. Cari was a awesome to travel with, just like last time, but she didn't freak (or at least she didn't kill me) when I left the key in the car. Most people would have and it was so much more pleasant thanks to her. And she had a great race (taking 1st cat 3 in the crit and 2nd overall for the weekend). It was fun to live vicariously through her. The awards were so cool--license plates! I give them credit for doing something completely different. I was happy to live through the crit, got stuck behind a crash and didn't realize I was allowed to take a free lap (I'm only used to getting free laps when I have road rash to show that I was held up on the course). Honestly, I just wanted to stay safe yesterday. There was one bad crash and a slow-speed mass crash (that's the one I got stuck in). Lying on the car waiting for the locksmith to come yesterday evening was the best. It was finally a chance to soak in the evening, the open sky, think about the weekend and it was a chance to do absolutely nothing. I got home just before midnight. I think I'm ready to start the week. Today's a rest day. This served as great motivation and I know my body is ready to step up for the rest of the season.
Oh, I'm sorry if I promised to call you this weekend. There was so much less time than I expected out there (especially since we were in a rush from the moment the plane landed in Phoenix). Will try to return calls and get life back in order this weekend.
2 comments:
It was so much fun! Thanks for being a great travel partner... many more races together in the future.
Cari
Go kick some CA butt, girl! Can't wait to race/travel with you again. Keep me posted (or just start a blog). :)
Post a Comment