Friday, July 07, 2006

American Flyers


No, this isn't a painting--this is from the Colorado National Monument. The team training camp was in Moab in early April and we stopped here on the drive to Moab to loosen up the legs and take in the views. Afterwards we tasted wine at a local vineyard. This was a magnificient area to ride. We hammered the climb. This was the first time I was "allowed" to get my heart rate up since I began training in October. Riding without a heart-rate monitor was fun, kind of liberating, but I was happy to have it back for the rest of the weekend.

I'd highly recommend watching American Flyers, if you've never seen it. I've probably seen it half a dozen times. The Colorado Monument is the setting for one of the stages of the race that's shown in this movie. It's the best way to see the sights and take in a fun bike racing movie. Yes, it's weird to see Kevin Costner with a mustache, but otherwise, he looks good racing a bike.

No comments: