Friday, July 07, 2006

Camping/Racing in Grand Junction & Fruita


Camping in Grand Junction was a one of those experiences that I can't put words together to explain. The views were breathtaking, the campsite was far, far away from everyone and everything. The evening sky was perfect, there was no way to capture it with the camera. The sun set ever so slowly. The campfire was outstanding, also. One of my teammates invited me to join him and his friends here. They brought mountain bikes and had blast. I can see why Fruita is becoming more popular than Moab to mountain bike (not that I've riden either on fat tires, but I hear lots of stories).
As I've said many times, racing is a good excuse to travel. I would never have been here this weekend had a race not been held. I am very thankful for the wonderful people I have met through racing and experiences such as these.

No comments: